Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Track-stopping Smile

It was a Thursday night after a hard day’s work, tired and limp I had to make the final struggle of pushing through people at circle to make it to the bus station for a car home. While silently praying that there wouldn’t be a queue at the station, the activities of the day flashed through my mind. All I wished for was to get home and rest my tired bones. It is these moments that I wish I had some vanishing powers that could make me teleport. 
Then out of nowhere I was stopped in my tracks, rooted to the ground all by a smile. A smile I can’t describe but realized I hadn’t seen one in a long while. He was bargaining for a shoe or something and the seller probably gave him an exorbitant price which warranted that half laughter and smile.
 At that split second it was like I had been teleported into a Hindu movie wearing a colorful free flowing maxi dress, slow motion running, the wind blowing my long hair and the background was either the beach or some garden (both worked for me) and there he was with the smile on his face wearing a black suede leather jacket unbuttoned showing some toned skin, he runs his hands through his hair and starts to sing…… didn’t hear the song because I was jolted back to reality.

That smile made me forget my sore and tired self and rejuvenated my evening. As I sat in the trotro home, I thought to myself, maybe just maybe I should have walked up to him to let him know he had a track-stopping smile.

2 comments:

  1. Aggggggrrrrrrrhh!! you should have walked Up to him..Could have been me you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. in a world of frowning sullen faces, a smile like this goes a long way to let us live on .....

    ReplyDelete