Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Super 2 Christmas

With only a few days to Christmas day, the birth of Christ. I am still not in the Christmas mood well except for the harmattan and occasional carols I hear on the radio, everything is pretty much the same.  Maybe it’s because I know I won’t get any "bronya atarde" (Christmas attire) from my parents. That was what I used to look forward to on Christmas; wearing my bronya attarde, and family members coming home. Back then, you would have to put up your best behavior because the least offense would warrant a warning of you not getting any bronya attarde (scariest nightmare for any kid) we used to dress in our bronya attarde after church and go round the neighborhood for our Christmas gifts. Back then it was communal or neighborhood celebrations. Do children still do this? I wonder. Lots of this has changed, recession and things, I think it’s now individually celebrated than it used to be back then.

Am I looking forward to this Christmas? It’s become a party.  The real meaning of Christmas is fading away. It has been juxtaposed with azonto craziness .  I am just looking forward to being with the whole family and the public holiday that comes with it.  It also means the year is ending, and I get to see another year roll by, that I am grateful for. That’s all there is to it for me. I haven't made any plans whatsoever but just to travel to Kumasi and be with family. 

So what would I want for Christmas?  Life, good health and happiness for everyone and to you reading this.  And a super 2 biscuit. Yes SUPER 2 biscuit

I hope you enjoy the season's celebrations and you don't forget the reason for the season.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!


2 comments:

  1. indeed times have changed and there is a new paradigm now. well for me it is time for reflections over the past year, taking stock and strategizing for the next. yes! some toes have been stepped on, some needless things have been done and pages have been turned but the key question to ponder on is 'have lessons been learnt?'
    have fun and love much - that is the reason for the season.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece.The best gift from God for xmas is Jesus.The best gift from Man to God should be our Heart and being.

    But do you know the best gift i have for you this xmas....it is an advice to get Nana Awere Damoah's book: Tales from different tails. ENJOY!
    Dada Kwamina.

    ReplyDelete